Custom Lawyers Professional Liability Programs for Every One-Of-A-Kind Risk
Attorneys face a number of E&O claims – from administrative errors, to allegations of abandoning representation, or failing to address the client's needs in any way.
The American Bar Association (ABA) estimates that attorneys will have at least three legal malpractice claims brought against them in the course of their careers.
Lawyers Professional Liability (LPL) insurance is designed to provide coverage for claims that arise from "wrongful acts" committed in the rendering of legal services in the lawyer’s capacity and generally provide both indemnification coverage and claims expense coverage.
The RPS Signature Programs Lawyers Insurance product has limits available from $250,000 each loss/aggregate to $5,000,000 each loss/aggregate.
- Limits of liability up to $5 million available
- Defense expenses are in addition to the limit available
- Annual aggregate deductible available
- First-dollar defense option available
- Supplementary payments that include attendance at trail, disciplinary proceedings and subpoena assistance
- Broad definition of legal services
- Broad definition of insured
- Full Prior acts for qualifying attorneys
- At least a 30-day extension period for reporting claims
- Unlimited extended reporting period option available
- Career coverage available
- Non-practicing ERP offered for individuals
- Unconditional coverage for extended reporting periods for any attorney leaving the private practice of law to become either a state or federal judge at no additional cost
- Optional benefits for an additional premium for qualifying firms
- Predecessor firm coverage
- Personal Injury Coverage
- Deductible reduction when ADR used
- Insurers rated “A+” by A.M. Best
- Program management established in 1985
- Pre-claim hotline
- Available admitted in following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Utah, Washington, Washington, DC, West Virginia. and Wisconsin.
Why RPS Signature Programs
Our team of industry experts can help take on the most complex client needs with our exclusive programs offering specialized coverage for niche risks.