RPS believes in boldness. And there is nothing bolder than the inclusion of different perspectives, points of view and backgrounds. For us, diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) is about openness to change and challenge. A way to grow and deliver more to our clients, employees and communities.
We will lead by fostering a company that successfully employs a diverse workforce and one that thrives by encouraging participation from top to bottom.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) Is the DNA of Cultural Change
Regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, differing abilities, military service, race, age or ethnicity, you're welcome here. We need employees and partners who feel free to bring their whole selves to work. Your life experiences, your interests, your intelligence. People willing to engage in reconstructing an inclusive workforce where all voices are heard, valued and recognized. RPS commits to:
- Following hiring practices that are conscious of and recruit from a diverse pool of candidates
- Building sensitivity to and acknowledgment of different perspectives and backgrounds that are welcomed, supported and heard
- Encouraging dialogue in the workplace about the issues of diversity, equity and inclusion, so people feel like they belong, are safe and can be engaged at work
- Cultivating and growing diverse talent into leadership roles
- Working with our communities and leadership at a local and regional level to ensure we are a place people feel inspired to work and thrive in
I’m proud to be part of an inclusive organization that leads the way in making a multitude of backgrounds and identities feel welcomed, respected and appreciated.
We're ambitious. Our goal is to have inspired people who bring their authentic and full selves to work. To meet this goal, RPS is reinventing how we think about diversity and inclusion so our employees, clients and communities feel welcomed — now and in the future. We honor the differences of our team and talent by recognizing these diversity celebrations and initiatives:
- Black History Month
- Global Diversity Awareness Month
- International Women's Day and Women's History Month
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) Pride Month
- Mental Health Awareness Month
- The International Day of the World's Indigenous Peoples
I feel proud to be part of a company committed to changing the existing paradigm by finding, developing and promoting the next generation of management from POC and greater gender diversity.
We're committed to keeping the conversation going. We're evolving our culture with catalyzing conversation, data collection and the openness of our Human Resources team and entire staff.
How to Empower Diverse Talent into More Important Roles
RPS Broker Kyle Pass guest hosts this conversation with fellow RPS DE&I community members Ryan Collier and Tonya Lauderdale about our journey in mapping out the process.
RPS Include and DE&I
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team at RPS, called RPS Include, is focused on three areas to make the most impact for positive change. Our pillars are:
Advance an inclusive culture to build a great place to work
Build and strengthen a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve
Build relationships and leverage key community partnerships that support the talent needs and mission of RPS