Drones have a wide variety of applications that touch almost every industry. RPS’ Drones/Unmanned Aerial Systems product covers activities like border surveillance and suspect tracking, agricultural applications and weather research, communications/broadcasting, disaster response, real estate mapping, and mail/freight transport.
Drones are referred to interchangeably by various names including Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), and Remote Piloted Aerial System (RPAS). The Federal Aviation Administration has adopted the term “UAS” for official use.
The RPS team takes several things into consideration during the underwriting process, including the overall professionalism with which the operator is embarking on UAS operations, the capabilities of the model to be operated, the experience and training of the operator, what the UAS will be used for, and the environment in which it will be operated (i.e. proximity to persons or property). The product will evolve as the market and regulatory environment continues to change.
Coverage highlights include:
- Liability and inland marine coverage on remote controlled aircraft under 25 lbs
- Aircraft over the 25lb threshold can be addressed with our aviation market access
- Non-admitted package available
- “A” Rated XIII carrier
- Broad operational usage available from photography and videography, crop surveying, and construction progress inspections
- Product availability for manufacturers, retail stores, and training facilities