Information We Collect
We know how important your privacy is to you and we appreciate you trusting us to handle your Confidential Information responsibly and with integrity. We collect Confidential Information about you as required by insurance companies, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Information we receive from you on applications or required questionnaires, such as your occupation, current employer and Social Security and driver’s license numbers;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or previous insurers, such as your policy coverage, claim information, premiums and payment history;
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency, obtained for the purpose of ascertaining credit histories. These reports are obtained as underwriting tools to determine bill-paying habits and creditworthiness. These reports are not subject to race, gender or income. Motor vehicle reports may also be requested to disclose driving history.
The information we collect is limited to the data elements on the prescribed forms. In the course of conducting our business, we may share information you provide to us strictly on an as-needed basis or as otherwise required by law. In certain situations, and in no event contrary to applicable public policy, we would share information about you to:
- Our affiliated companies in order to provide a service to you
- A third party if reasonably necessary to enable them to perform services for us such as claims inquiries, appraisals, or the detection of fraud or material representations
- Governmental authorities only to the extent that we are required to disclose any such Confidential Information pursuant to the legal process we receive from such governmental authority
- Persons or organizations conducting legitimate research
For certain online services on our site, such as live chat or webcasts, we will ask for information about you such as your name, business, and e-mail address. In cases where we use a third-party vendor to provide these online services, the vendor has agreed to keep your information confidential.
Information We Share
We do not use, disclose, sell or transfer any Confidential Information without consent unless required or permitted by law or regulation. In cases of permitted disclosure, we will disclose information in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and will require the recipient to protect the information and use it only for the purpose provided.
For example, we may disclose your Confidential Information in order to market your insurance coverage directly with insurers and providers. We also may disclose your Confidential Information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other insurers or providers with whom we have joint marketing agreements. Additionally, we may disclose your Confidential Information in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale.
Click Streams - We may capture click streams to help us learn what parts of our Web site are most popular and among which audiences. We may also use them to help us optimize our user interface, to analyze site usage statistically, to improve content, and to customize our Web site's content and layout. In short, we use this information to allow us to tailor our Web site and to meet your needs better. We analyze click stream data to track trends and behaviors, not individuals. We are interested in our audience size, return visit rate, and similar data on an aggregate basis. We also capture date and time information of visits, pages visited, and the time you spend with us.
Do Not Track Signals - We honor your web browser’s Do Not Track signal.